The changelog for the Costs to Expect service, we try not to say
bug fixes and improvements, we may on occasion not fully detail a
change or fix if we don't feel it is necessary, however, we will always try to be as
open as possible.
The changelog for the Costs to Expect API can be found over on
the API changelog details every change, the API is Open Source.
[v1.04.1] - 19th June 2019
- The Costs to Expect website checks the status of the Costs to Expect API, if it is down, a message is displayed to explain the lack of data.
- The website gracefully handles the Costs to Expect API being down.
- The website only calls a specific endpoint once per request, models retain state so that subsequent calls are free.
- Split the largest expense value; we now show the top expense per category.
- Minor layout changes to the intro section on the child pages, updates for all screen sizes.
- API requests section links to API calls.
- Code refactoring, getting everything in order to enable new feature.
- Removed redundant horizontal line on the child detail page.
[v1.04.0] - 3rd June 2019
- The dashboard shows live data from the Costs to Expect API.
- The detail page for Jack shows live data from the Costs to Expect API.
- The detail page for Niall shows live data from the Costs to Expect API.
- Minor content changes for mobile layout.
- Disabled the all years pages, I need to do some additional development before bringing them back.
[v1.03.2] - 31st May 2019
- Minor update to layout, added meta tags for social networks.
- Altered the dashboard title.
- Content update to 'What we count?' page.
[v1.03.1] - 29th May 2019
- Pagination controls should not show the prefix text on mobile.
[v1.03.0] - 29th May 2019
- Summary block view component.
- Summary block container view component.
- Pagination view component.
- API requests page view component.
- Opted not to add a border radius to inputs.
- Modified pagination layout for mobile, just show next and previous as well as page
number, moved per page control onto the same line.
- The content pages now use a general layout file rather than defining everything in the view.
- Content updates for text before tables.
- Minor spelling error in the text above the last 25 expenses on the dashboard.
- Removed the 100% height on elements, causing minor scrolling issues on some mobile devices.
[v1.02.0] - 9th May 2019
- The initial idea for years summary pages.
- What do we count? content page.
- Menu view components to generate the site menus.
- Content after headings to give a small overview of data.
- The initial idea for pagination.
- The child detail pages now show an expenses summary for the last three years, not three months.
- The initial work on making the site dynamic, controllers, layout files etc.
- Typo, Niall's name incorrect on the detail page, shown as Jack.
[v1.01.0] - 27th April 2019
- The initial design for the detail pages for
disabled menu item to explain what expenses are counted.
- Minor tweak to the mobile layout, the corner background image was too large.
- Desktop menu items may support icons.
- Update to the welcome section on mobile, I was showing the logo twice.
Blackborough Children menu missing from About and Changelog views.
- API requests breaking out of the table.
[v1.00.1] - 23rd April 2019
- Minor content update, added
[v1.00.0] - 20th April 2019
- Released the initial design, fully responsive, Mobile through to Desktop.
- Simple dashboard to show an overview of expenses [Sample data].
- About page, provides a little detail on the future service and website.
- Changelog, this page, detail every change to the website.